Friday, June 24, 2011

Cobra's Hisssss.... My Camera's First Love...

Via Flickr:
© CAPT SURESH SHARMA. All Rights Reserved.


Long ago, cobra's hiss would have made me run for life (may be with wet pants....), but with time it has all changed. After my chance meeting with Satish Bahskar (famous turtle man, who gave up IIT in the 3rd year or so for research on turtles) at world famous Croc Bank located at Vednamelli village between Chennai and Mahabalipuram (Mammllapuram). And then it changed further as I met Dr Indraneil Das (Herpetologist) Rom Whitekar (Snakeman of India) and Shekar Dattatri (wildlife film maker).

On one of my first outdoors with Satish and Dr Das, when I held a snake for the first time in my hands and the moment it moved up on my bare arm, it gave me a strange feeling and I dropped the snake as my instinctive reaction made me do. In a very stern tone, Dr Das warned me `if you can not handle a snake, do not ask for it'. That was the last day when felt uncomfortable with snakes. Can you believe now, I handle these snakes with ease, though with super extra care, its not worth getting bitten for fun. I am more comfortable with snakes than dogs. Most may not believe that.

Now, I love being with snakes and my camera, than a pretty girl in my company. I love to photograph cobras, they are known as The Good Snake (Nalla Pamboo - Tamil name for cobra). When they hiss and model in front my camera, that is the sight I love the most, they put my ramp on fire.....

DECLARATION : Friends, all of my photographs have become the property of THE GREEN FRAMES , an outfit at its infancy as of now, but passionately devoted to support the Green (soldiers and nature ).

Snake Photography

Know About Snakebite First Aid

Snake Photos on Flickr



P.S. I have been `off Flickr' for quite sometime now. I could not comment on anyone's photos, as I was busy with THE GREEN FRAMES , its my sole mission now. I know, comments are always reciprocal and many of you must have even forgotten about my photos here. I am sorry, I can't help it, I have to give almost 20 hours a day to THE GREEN FRAMES .

No comments: